Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter Pondering #1

Currently home, sitting in my living room with a steaming cup of coffee, watching the Wizard of Oz, in dreamy Technicolor, on TNT.  Seems like a good way to start winter break.  I also managed to get most of my Christmas shopping done today - I'm still working on picking Artists/Tracks for some CD's I plan on burning for a younger cousin of mine. He'll be the coolest elementary schooler in Kansas City if I can do anything about it.


Photobucket

There were two witches that relentlessly haunted my childhood. One of The Wicked Witch of the West (the other was Bette Midler in Hocus Pocus). She was terrifying because there wasn't an once of good in her.  Now that I'm analyzing my childhood fears, it makes sense to me why I like Harry Potter so much.  He's always been a my same age, and he uses magic to beat evil witches and wizards. If he was in Oz , Dorothy would've been home before before she met the Scarecrow because: 
Harry would've Engorgio'd the munchkins to make an army of Giants that could storm the witch's castle, after which he would've used the witch's broom (if he could not use his Firebolt) to fly Dorothy and him back to Kansas.
Easy fix.
(That is of course, if I am assuming correctly, Harry could use a Patronus to keep the flying monkeys away)

No comments: