Monday, December 1, 2008

Beginning of the End

Today was the first day back to classes after Thanksgiving break, but more prominently: the first day of the last three weeks of the semester.  I have 4 papers to write by Tuesday next week - but luckily I have plenty of things to distract me.


Photobucket
Two new albums I picked up for my birthday over the weekend. The Shepherd's Dog is by far my favorite Iron & Wine album and it sounds great on vinyl. Freewheelin' was a must have because of my obsession with the 60's, my love of Bob Dylan, and the fact that it may be my favorite album cover.


Photobucket
Here's a scan of a shot from a couple year old roll of film I processed on Friday.  Not a whole lot to say about it - It's a reflection in water, and I love the overall feeling it has.  I'm buying a Holga this week and really excited to get back to shooting film.

I usually couldn't care less about what Roger Ebert has to say about a movie - but he recently reviewed Synecdoche, New York and I think he hit the nail on the head. Check out his review if mine didn't do it for you (which I'm sure it didn't). 

No comments: