Thursday, January 22, 2009

Diving In

This first two weeks of school have been work-filled but very rewarding.  I'm finally starting to get into Film related studies (mainly design). The first project was a "Dream in a Box". I had to create an image in a box, accompanied by music, to communicate a feeling or a story. Here is it:

First is regular room lighting. My inspiration was the idea of an astronaut being alone in space, watching the world end.  It's a little dark, but I still think it has a tragic beauty to it.  I wanted to stick with the "Dream" aspect and make the world feel very organic, so I decided to make everything by hand, using normal art supplies.  The song I picked to accompany it was Asleep by the Smiths. My favorite part of the finished product was the effect it has in a dark room with the music softly playing. Here is the box in the dark.


I will also be directing a very short film to kill some time in a busy schedule with two friends of mine, as well as producing a student film throughout the semester.

No comments: